Friday 18 December 2015

Soy Amado's 72-75 and an update

Instagram is making me lax. I post the finished Soy Amado quilt there and tell myself when I have a bit more time, I'll blog it.

That hasn't happened so a condenses post on the last four quilts now follows.

No. 72 - taken on the south coast cliffs of Guernsey.



And the back.



No. 73.


And the back.


No. 74 arrived this week in the post as a completed quilt. There was no name or address identifying the UK sender so whoever you are, thank you.



There is no back picture...because I forgot to take one.

And finally, to bring it up-to-date, No. 75.


And I don't have a 'behind' photo for this one either - slacking on the job.

I've reached my goal of a quilt on every bed for the home in Mexico City so a big thank you to everyone who either sent whole quilts or the mountain of quilt blocks I have slowly worked my way through.

Now I have a new goal: a quilt on every bed for a children's home in Johannesburg, South Africa. So my post box is flapping wildly now in giddy expectation of anyone who would like to send me 12 1/2" quilted blocks. Please email me if you'd like to join in, for my postal address.

Thank you.

(Linking up to Finish It Up Friday)

12 comments:

  1. You're the best. I have a few to send you. I can collect blocks from the US again if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe you're going to do it all over again! I love the scrappy hearts in the last pic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another one, that's terrific. Time for me to make some more blocks for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four more gorgeous quilts! I love the rainbow stripe block in the last quilt - what a great way to use up odd strips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What a great achievement and now you are starting all over again for a different children's home in a different country. Hoe you do well ith th new set of quilts. Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing! Congratulations on reaching your goal and then setting a new one. I would love to help you again. Do you have a deadline for receiving blocks? I definitely wouldn't be able to get some made until mid January with all the Christmas and school holiday shenanigans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love those large hearts, they'd make a fab quilt all by themselves

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the most inspiring person, really you are. The quilts you assemble are just lovely and you're doing such a wonderful things for these kids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray! You know I am in! Several quilts are waiting to be put together. Is there still an anddress in the Netherlands I can send the finished ones too?
    Hugs
    Esther
    Ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com
    Esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alison, you are POSITIVELY AMAZING AND INSPIRING!!!
    75!!!! One for every bed!
    I'm so happy to have contributed to your first effort. I have had my machine sitting unused for 6 months until sewing a baby quilt very recently, and I have a few "must finish" projects awaiting me, including a large stack of Soy Amado blocks awaiting quilting. I will try to get them in the post to you by the end of February.
    In the meantime, happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great completed project. If your followers would like to DOUBLE their generosity, they could make two 12-1/2 inch blocks, sending one to you and one to me for Yo Espero, my quilt project to provide for a live-in family style orphanage in Guatemala run by Amy and Todd Block of Lifesong for Orphans. Email me @ ellenhernandez@hotmail.com for more information; also see villageofhopeguatemala.com and THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  12. For some time I've watched and silently applauded you (and your block donors) for your generosity in all aspects of producing these fabulous quilts. I am travelling to Cape Town in a couple of weeks and am willing to take two quilts with me. I won't be going to or be anywhere near Johannesburg though.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10